Saturday, June 16, 2007

Movie Watch

Fantastic 4 : Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Ok, this was the mind set I had before going in to watch this film. The first one had a lot to get in, build the characters, some sort of upset with their change to supper hero’s, trying to get the powers nailed down. And then all coming together to stop the evil person and it did have that in but just not in a good way.

So now I found myself forgetting how bad the 1st one was and hoping they had seen what mistakes they had made and how they could make it up to us. Watching the trailers this film looked awesome, the silver surfer especially. But no matter how many people told me it was going to be a bad film I still stood strong and held out hope. How wrong was I!

It was like the same idea, each character had his or her own little problem which we got to see last time, there was allot his talk of them saving this and that but it never showed any of it. I didn’t think the acting was very good but I don’t think they had a lot to work with to make it good. My only good thing to say about the whole 1:45 was The Silver Surfer! He’s fantastic and probably the only reason I didn’t just go home half way through, his affects was flawless and I would have believed he was reel (if I was 8 years old). So all in all it was a bit of a let down, it could have been something much more and I don’t believe there is an argument for ‘they were trying to cover all ages’ as many films have don’t this in the past.

No comments: