Friday, June 08, 2007

Action

Wednesday I worked on a conference for D & DA, we did an event a few months ago for the same people and they had Dick Powell doing a talk on design, it was very good as they always are but this one had a talk from Hillman Curtis who has built web site for Yahoo and Adobe, he has started to move in to video now. He is good friends with Mark Romanek who has many titles to his name like One Hour Photo and a long list of music videos, he interviewed Mark and made a small video about it, Mark goes on about how he makes his videos and what he does to get the final version, he also goes on to say how there are many time when shot a and shot b go together very well without any planning. Hillman also talked about his video work and how he like to only have 60 mins of tape to use so he makes an effort to get the footage he needs.
After this event it did inspire me to make more of a concuss effort to get the footage I need instead of working around what I have, now I have done any major projects where I have had to plan all the shots out and come up with a good idea of what I wanted but after Wednesday I have had some ideas and I intend to get them in motion. I have a friend in a band called Islands lost at sea who would let me shot one of their videos which is a starting block but I may start a little smaller first and then work from there.

No comments: