Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Movie Watch


Reno 911 Miami

I had to nip in to work today so while I was there I thought I would watch a film and this is something I wanted to see, now walking in to a film like this I wasn’t expecting much and for all its funny moments it didn’t break any molds. There are a few cameos like many films out at the moment but nothing which made me think ‘how did they get that person’. Being a fan of Super Troopers I thought this could have been a good funny all the way film but it didn’t produce the laughs I would have hoped for. The cast were great but the story lacked a little with not much direction but I didn’t think it’s the type of film which you should expect a strong story from. If you’re after some cheap and funny laughs give it a weal.

imdb this film










Cronos

Cronos is from Guillermo del Toro who more recently has brought us Pan’s Labyrinth and Hell Boy, both very good films so spotting one of his box sets in HMV on market street it was a sure buy. So first of the mark is Cronos which is a wonderful, mystical film. It’s a dark film which made me keep asking ‘what’s going to happen’ to the distraction of my girl friend who had already seen a good portion, now I don’t like people who ask this so for me to become one of these people made me think Guillermo del Toro has a good way of making his films. This should be a must buy for anyone tiring to spend some money in HMV this summer.


imdb this film

No comments: