Thursday, May 03, 2007

Spiderman 3

Working at the cinema has its advantages and one of these would be getting paid to watch films, I wish it was as clear cut as that but if there are any problems for example, scratches, sounds issues, miss prints, poor make up, all these things need to be fixed and you have to keep your eye out of the smallest of these problems that you would not expect the ‘joe’ public to pick up. Saying all that yes the bottom line is I get paid to watch the latest films, sometimes week and weeks early in a screen all to myself without the annoyance of anyone else. Trust me there is much much to the world of projection and film viewing is only a small part of that world.

But back on track and Spiderman 3 which I would say is the 1st big block buster for the year, I can remember last summer finding some un-rendered footage on the internet of a trailer and then, right at that minute I could not wait to see this film and with all the recent advertising its something I'm looking forward to. So when do I get to watch it? Tonight, and not just any show but in Digital. Digital is a far better format and is capable of displaying a very high resolution but not just that the colors it can show are head and shoulders above normal 35mm (digital has a larger color gamut) which basically means there are move colors and they can be brighter. Digital covers the gap which in the TV world are classed as illegal colors which are colors which won’t be broadcasted in fear of damaging viewers tv sets. So after checking all the setting and making it ready for my screen at 6 today I wait in anticipation.

You can have a look at Digital Projectors and the technology behind it.

No comments: